pottery 2007-present

Inventory: Dream Map, Minor Key
Companions: Crow, Magpie

I write w/ freewriter

Tuesday

Child World

I don't see the glass as half full or half empty,
I see it as a glass that should be filled with chocolate milk.
I see my tiny self floating in the rich milk
I think I know how to swim but
I'm in my Sunday clothes.
Little warm colors.

Look around me, a sinking naptime room.
Look in my little pocket, a book:
"How to make a child world"*

Take the memories
re-embroider them with Relax and Take it Easy.
Find old smells and capture them
Mark the jar Traditional Scents.
Cut the unhappy endings out of cookie dough.
Cut out a pumpkin, cut out a person,
dough is how you cut it (if you don't cut it, no dough).

Gather it up and wash it down with chocolate milk.

Drown it in rich milk.

*
look at how the pages curl!